Saturday, October 09, 2010

Diet

image

For the past two weeks I have been on a, what some would say, crazy diet. The goal was mainly to detox my system because it seemed to be bursting at the seams quite literally.

Prior to starting work, for some reason I went on an eating rampage. To ingest all my favorite foods if possible within the short time frame of a few days before my work started. My typical day would be to wake up early, send the wife to work which signalled the flag off for the food odyssey.

Breakfast
Location: Madras Woodlands
Meal: Rava Thosai with copious amount of red (chilli) chutney followed with two appams with coconut milk and orange sugar
Drink: Indian coffee

   
Lunch A
Location: Toa Payoh Lor 5
Meal: Bar Chor Mee
Drink: 100 Plus
OR Lunch B
Location: Jalan Kayu Prata Shop
Meal: Chicken or Mutton Berayani
Drink: Teh Halia

Post Lunch Dessert: Magnum Almond. -- they were running a 1for 1 promo so guess what? Yep genius here didn't want it to melt so makan both!

   
Midday Snack: Some potato chips perhaps

   
Dinner: was whatever was cooked at home, regular stuff

   
Midnight cravings: When wife and baby is asleep, I sometimes stepped to the prata shop for two kosong prata with a Teh halia chaser!
   

This happened for a few consecutive days. Excessive no! It didn't last long. My digestive system protested violently and I was in world of discomfort. It wasn't a sickly feeling but when you are backed up back there, moods go for a swing. Not a good thing especially when starting a new job. So now I am on a detox program. Here my new menu, it's short so don't fret

Breakfast: 4 hard boils eggs -- white only, strictly no yolk
Drink: Kopi-O or Teh-O kosong or water

Lunch: Salmon Sashimi -- no soy sauce just wasabi and a squeeze of lemon
Drink: Water up till 5pm!

Dinner: Bowl of salad, with only vinegar and olive oil dressing.
Drink: Funky tea that makes you go the next day.

Result:
I'm down 4 plus kg in weight and also two belt holes. I feel a whole lot better for sure. Moods are in check too.

I guess to some extent sustainability will beg and I will answer, moderation is key. Healthy diet goes a long way. I am not going to shun my favorite foods but I intend to make this a lifestyle choice. To choose to eat healthy when the alternative is there, and once in a while to indulge myself.

This weekend will mark the 2 week of this regime, which signals the return to normalcy from a dietary perspective. Of course, i ain't gonna let all that hard work and abstinence go to waste, so I say again "Mod in Key". New mantra!

With a dinner party tonight and a wedding lunch tomorrow, let's see how I go.

M Detoxing      

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day!This was a really admirable post!
I come from roma, I was fortunate to discover your blog in bing
Also I learn much in your website really thank your very much i will come again