Friday, July 17, 2009

Dream of the Open Road

Ok I know I just got back from an amazing holiday with the wife but, for some reason the I feel that I still could do with another trip. Yes, yes I know all of you are saying, yes we all love to be on holiday all the time but with life in the way its not possible. I guess I am in a dreamy mood, just like the time I started a series on Runaway! with trips to five trips to Karakoram Highway, Seattle, Mont Saint Michel, Ireland and Emmaus Road.

But this time, I am dreaming of a road trip. I have detested road trips since my last mega road trip. It was a 4 weeks long trip with 2 good friends in a very small Toyota Sprinter across the Nullarbor Plain. If you clicked on the links, you’d appreciate the mega-ness of this trip and also understand the reason why the detestation of road trips. But now, I am dreaming of endless roads which meet the sky like what’s pictured below, which is an actual picture of the Eyre Highway on the Nullarbor Plain.

image

Perhaps I dream of a taste or maybe the love tank of driving needs to be filled. Yeah I think it is that. I used to love going on drives. I remember when I was working in Ang Mo Kio and for some stress relief, I used to take a drive to Tuas and back during lunch time. Perhaps I need to do that. Its nothing compared to my Nullarbor Plain trip but I do not think I will do something near that for quite a while.

I think I will find a day when the roads are not so empty and go for a long drive. 

M Dreaming Again…

0 comments: