Friday, October 30, 2009

Off the beaten path

I am supremely surprised that since the days when I was last physically active things have changed so much. It has been really revelatory about all the new things that I can get up to. Recently a colleague of mine participated in a truly interesting event. It was The North Face 100. What it is, is a 100 KM race across Singapore running mainly through off road and trails.

Ok before I go on, do not get me wrong in thinking that I have ideas or plan to try or attempt such a race. I am not going to neither will I try because I know what I can do. But what intrigued me the most was to know the route of this race. I was delighted to find so many interesting trails for me to discover just like my Kent Ridge discovery.

image 

So instead of trying to do the whole 100KM, I thought of splitting it up into more manageable chunks. Here is one part (basically Part 4 of 6)that I might be trying in the near future. The last time I walked this part of Singapore was back in my scouting days in SJI, and I think I was Sec 1, which was in 1987. Yikes!!

Oh well, we all have to restart somewhere, even it is 22 years in the making. Just putting down these numbers is making my tummy cringe in places where cobwebs are.

So this is Part of 4 of 6, I have already completed Part 1 and 2 during the first part of my Epic Weekend.

I aim to complete it all before the year end.

M on a mission!

0 comments: