Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nursery Rhymes??

As you can imagine with a baby in the house, there be a lot of these really kiddy tunes being played to pacify Sophie. Or that our CD players will have stacks of nursery rhymes CDs just waiting to churn out some sweet kiddies tune.

Oh so wrong. We have nothing like that. Perhaps the closest thing to that we have is the Mozart Effect which was supposed to be played before and after the baby is born. During the first 2-3 weeks surprisingly Sophie responded well to The Who!! Yeah, I was surprised too! She in particularly liked their catchy hit from 1965, “I Can’t Explain”! Personally, I could not be happier as this is what I dreamed of doing, that is to introduce my girl to great classic songs.

I am respecting the wife’s order of no heavy rock or metal music, which I do think is a good idea for a under 6 months old. Hehehehe…so now shes into U2, Hillsong United, Simon & Garfunkel and of course The Who. When she starts to get restless hook up the iPhone to the stereo and wala she’s grooving. All I can say is “The girl’s got taste”!

M Rocking

0 comments: