Thursday, May 20, 2010

Children

Innocent little minds are like sponges, they are absorbing non-stop. Sometimes we adults take for granted the intense impression and influence we  have on them. I remember using the F-word many years ago when I was talking on the phone. My niece heard it, she was 4 at the time and started to repeat it to her mum who was in the room with my parents much to their horror as well as mine! That was nearly 16 years ago.

Now that I have become parent, I want to set the best possible example for Sophie. Of course I will do this in the best way I know how which incidentally will differ from other parents. Not only will they absorb our minor indiscretions but also our idiosyncrasies and soon they become the images of ourselves. Personally, its quite scary sometimes to fathom someone walking, talking and acting like me.

It’s quite a responsibility to shoulder. But I look forward to the day when Sophie does something good and someone says “Oh, she’s just like her Dad!”

M proud of my little girl

0 comments: