Friday, June 04, 2010

Case of the Disappearing Book

A few posts ago i wrote about how I found a good book to read in Penang. Well after getting half way through, I realised in Singapore that I left it in my sis-in-law's car back in Penang.

My sweet wife scoured the various bookshops in SG and bought me a copy. It's was really nice thing she did for me. I settled down to read it that night with much satisfaction. The next morning I was going to continue but the book vanished!

Seriously I spent to good half of yesterday turning all stones in the house and still no book. Re-tracing steps did not yield much. I must have misplaced it. The wife said "Maybe you are not meant to read this book." Perhaps….

Oh well. Still searching, in the meantime I have started a new book; Superfreakonomics.

Sidenote - an iPad with iBooks will solve this misplaced book fiasco.

M still looking.

0 comments: