Monday, June 21, 2010

Grace in defeat

image
One thing that my close following of the World Cup coupled with my rabid interaction on Facebook has shown is that there are some mighty sour people out there. Yes indeed this has been World Cup littered with upsets but the resultant reactions from some folks has been revelatory.

It's only a game so either they are folks who have just been too greedy with their betting or they have lost the reason why these games are played. My beloved French team has become the laughing stock of this competition but rather than responding with vulgar and abuse like my counterparts I am laughing along. I can't bring myself to feel that strongly, don't get me wrong I love watching, being part of the whole drama and the occasional yell at the TV but I guess some restraint needs to be exercised.  

Perhaps I am oversimplifying but then again I think it's a reflection of character and while I am aghast with the reactions and comments I have seen from some, in retrospect of the sources it's not surprising.

M enjoying the games!

0 comments: