Sunday, June 26, 2011

Admitted Again

Being admitted and going under the knife again felt quite a simple thing to me. Considering this was the second major surgery that I was going through it was familiar. So I entered the hospital with little trepidation and I was as confident as be the prospect that in a few hours I was gonna be knocked out and cut open. Fear was far from my mind.




But as I got onto the gurney to be wheeled to the OR, fear crept in. As I lay in the OR prep area, I was gripped with fear. As I turned to prayer I felt this calm coming over me. It was a presence that was with me that was almost uplifting. So uplifting that I was cracking jokes with my OR nurses and even asking the anesthesia guy why is the formaldehyde taking so long to take effect. At that point I knew it was all gonna be ok. Before I knew it I was in recovery

M bed bound

0 comments: