Sunday, September 28, 2008

F1 in Singapore? Pinch me!



And the next stop on the F1 calendar is Singapore. Eh? Tell me that one year ago....or maybe two years ago I would have laughed. Tell me that 10 years ago when F1 became more popular in the region with the opening of Sepang race track it would be impossibility. But it here, in all its decibels. The Singapore GP is a reality, I was excited yes but just one week away from the race it all hit me. Being a F1 follower since 1984 when I used to watch races on RTM 10, with commentary in Malay to now where there are F1 themed bar and events in Singapore. Just pinch me.

Of course when I got to the track on Friday, the hairstanding feeling was there. But it was not until the cars started around in anger that the hairstand feeling really came. Overall it was an excellent GP. I was very proud that my country, Singapore put up such a great show. Much to Mr Luca’s disagreement, another blog entry altogether.

M

0 comments: