Thursday, March 25, 2010

Giving Back

Last Monday I was not in the best state of mind, it was Monday blues in a slightly different shade. I had mixed feelings of uncertainty, indecision and anxiety. I guess it is human given my state but I am on an extended break and to be frank there is little to be worried about. But on occasion these feelings to get the better of me.

So I was labouring to re-enter a state of rest, I tried everything to prevent these contagious thoughts from resurfacing. Most effective of course was just to look at Sophie sleeping, guaranteed smiles there but it was temporary. TV and reading did not help either. Then S woke up from her slumber, I picked her up and she did this.

image imageimage

As usual she rested on my shoulder but this time she just stayed there, awake but resting. It was almost as if she was comforting me and telling me in her way that “it’s all good Dad, REST!” No matter what she was trying to do, everything that was bothering me melted away and was forgotten in that instant. This small act of giving back from my almost 4 month old girl, set the tone for what has been and is continuing to be an awesome week.

Choose to be happy and not be defined by your circumstances.

M glad for S 

0 comments: