Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Contentment




Whenever my cousin comes to town I enter a phase of "what would life be like if..."

Over the weekend, I attended an ex-colleague's thing and I was sure to meet lots of other ex-colleagues. Wasn't looking forward to it but I went albeit late. One of them asked is where you now are better than where you were? I sensed ears all around me opened attentively when that question was shot. I tried to be politically correct and give them a 'it's all relative' type answer. But on my way home I realized that the politically correct answer was indeed the honest answer. I wondered then and there what would life be life if....

My cousin and I, were pretty much on the same path around 15 years ago but a few years on from that we forked. His life now, is an individual's life, he has loads of friends, lives in a country where English is not the medium of communication thus, culture wise it's the complete opposite, he travels, explores lots and he loves it! He epitomizes the true Sagittarius.

As a saggy myself, I expected myself to be green with envy to his adventurous existence but, I was not at all. I wasn't packing my backpack just yet instead I was donning a backpack filled with diapers, milk power and little clothes. And as I looked down there was this smiley face with a toothy grin and big eyes saying "Dadddddie!" I reached down to pick her up and I immediately felt contentment filling me. Thank you Jesus!

M seeing goodness

0 comments: