Friday, June 26, 2009

Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough

Enigmatic lyrics from the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson. The man has passed, and as it comes to light no matter what he has become or transformed to in his last years, one thing Michael will always be remembered for is his music.

PICT0112.jpg image by oasisea

 

For me the love started very young. I remember it was my 6th birthday and all I wanted was an Off the Wall cassette, and I am sure if I look for it, I will find it. It was the start of my love of music and my first piece of music, that I owned.

I played this tape over and over again and each word of every song in still in my head! This is probably my favorite MJ album of all time. Whenever a song from this album comes on the radio whatever conversation that I am, in stops and I will sing along, much to the embarrassment of my wife who is usually the one I am talking to at the time.

As time went on the music got better and better and MJ went on to music icon status. It was an absolute thrill for me to watch him live at the National Stadium during his Dangerous tour. It was my first live concert and the stadium was completely packed out and the previous times I saw that was during National Day and the Pope John Paul’s visit some years back!

So today as we wish him farewell, I doubt his music will ever die nor will his moves, which will be copied/modified for years to come. I mean come on how cool is the Moonwalk! So join me in reminisce of this legend. As crazy and wacko as he maybe he is still the most electrifying performer of our time, and I doubt few will come close for a long time.

M Tapping my Feet

0 comments: