Monday, June 01, 2009

First Pictures

Being a visual person, the idea of the full gravity of the pregnancy and the act of “wrapping my head” around the idea of impending fatherhood seemed far away. Considering that Mojo pops in December I believed that there is still time a plenty. With that in the back of my head, we headed to the gynae for our second appointment, at which point we were fairly certain that we were indeed pregnant.

So after some talk shop and congratulation wishes, the wife jumps onto the bed thingy for our first sonogram. My heart was racing and the images of many movies and TV shows of couples seeing their first images of their child came to my mind. Will I get teary, will be wife be able to contain herself, will be so overwhelmed with the images that we’d turn to mush?

image image

Honestly, looking at these images of a black oval, we really did not understand. Did I mention we were complete noobs. It was one cm in length and essentially was a globule. Where’s the fella? Then the gynae said this is the water bag, and eventually this bag will expand to house the baby. Ahhhhh…..its all coming together now.

So there were no tears, no goo goo eyes made at each other, but rather puzzled looks and I am sure both the wife and me, said to yourselves; “Is that it?” The gynae seemed to be more excited for us and she presented us with a “Welcome Bag” filled with goodies from the hospital sponsors. Oh well, its a start, and though the over emotional feelings were not there, we knew that this was the start of something special.

M 1CM and growing

0 comments: