Sunday, January 04, 2009

The forgotten passion

Something has escaped me and it only came to memory the past weekend as I was driving while enjoying this passion. I was thinking to myself, how could I forget this passion that is such a huge part of my life. But clearly it's not that I forgot it but more that this passion has moved from something to be passionate about to become an actual character trait. If you know me well you would know what I am talking about or fully agree with me and this assessment.

It's Music. Not the playing of it (in which I did dabble) but more the listening and enjoyment. To me music is educational. It shapes a person. It evokes memories of a time, place or an event. It can bring tears to your eyes and move you to get up and start jumping up and down. This is music and I love it!

Being a child of the 80s and 90s when music creativity was at it's best, every thing heard on the radio was new and completely original. Of course there were a few remakes but they too were good. Lots of the music influences of that time came from 70s and being someone who loved music I started on a quest of discovery. Unfortunately the same can't be said about the music today although there are a few gems here and there. Whatever the case. as long as there is life music will be part of me, the quest continues.

M singing

0 comments: