Monday, January 05, 2009

Hiking Boot Memories

The other day as we finished our show at Vivo we stumbled into the newly opened National Geographic store.

I love all things NatGeo and one of the things I did with my first pay check was to get myself subscribed. I guess it was only a matter of time for me to get into photography. Because honestly one cannot just read NatGeo and not be amazed and inspired by the pictures there.

Anyways as I wondered through the store I came to a section where they were displaying hiking boots. When I picked one up, a flood of memories came rushing back to the days when the only shoes I wore were hiking boots. In particular the last time I wore them purposefully.

That was more than 5 years ago when I went to Myanmar with the Singapore Photography Society. To me that was one of the most wonderous adventure trips and the images I captured there are so memorable. Most of my best images thus far are still from Myanmar.



Another thing I felt was the calling to get myself on one of these trips. To get on the beaten track and become one with the camera again and make some wonderfully awe inspiring pictures. Let's see. I am pretty peeved that I will not be able to make it to Israel this year because of work but I still believe that I will be there before the year is up and that would suffice.

M hopeful

0 comments: