Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Cheap but Good

Whenever I come to India there are only a few things that I buy to bring back home. One of the things I love to buy is books. It may be surprising but India has such a wide and large selection of cheap and good books. Best of all, there are books that you cannot find back home. Cheap you say?? Let me break it down for you. I bought 10 books, and I am talking full length novels here for SGD 65, all brand new and some are even new arrivals.

I have found that Indians being a literally expressive race have an unsurprisingly great selection of authors and the number of Indian Booker Prize winners to tantalize the avid reader. And of course there is R.K. Narayan who is one of my favorite Indian authors. My total selection was 15 books, yeah excessive you may say, at least I have got my reading for the next 2 years sorted out.

M Booked

0 comments: