Sunday, November 16, 2008

Coffee Convert

I have always disliked the idea of paying 5 bucks for a cup of coffee. I just found the idea of it ridiculous when for 70 or 80 cents you can get some damn good traditional coffee.

That's the other thing our beloved Kopi, Kopi-O Kosong, etc have now been compartmentalised as traditional coffee. And the Lattes, Flat White, Espresso are now called designer coffee. Sheesh.
But when I went to study in Oz, designer coffee was the only option we had there so eventually I started to appreciate it.

After starting my current job for more than a year now. I have been utterly converted. Presenting Nespresso!

For the informed this is an über range of coffee machines and coffees from Europe which has recently been introduced in SG to much raving.

Yes we have a machine in the office and the coffee is FREE! What's more, recently we got a free machine upgrade to this Sci-Fi looking baby that blows the regular coffee drinker away. It make perfect coffees every time. I now need at least 3-4 shots of coffee a day. Convert now or slave? Convert lah, I still have my beloved Kopi on weekends.

M caffeinated.

0 comments: