Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Birthday, Wedding and Resort Weekend!

This year's birthday was a special one. I shared this day with the wedding of two close friends. Since I recently got my new 50D, I thought it would be best if I put it to use to capture this momentous occasion. The day started early, with the wife heading to the bride's house and I over to the groom's house for the usual morning get together before setting off to the bride's place. As the day progressed the festivities reached a climax after the tea ceremonies were completed at both the bride's and groom's house we headed to Sentosa. At this point I think I got in around 600 shots. Yes a little excessive but hey that's me, when there is unlimited space and fast camera; trigger happiness is the way to go.


The night events were to start with the solemnization followed by dinner. After the solemnization I had enough of pictures (over 1,300 plus) and decided to put it away and enjoy the rest of the evening. It was a blast, everyone there had a great time as the star couple pulled off a great event! These are always good reasons to get plastered and I did, well not as bad as my own wedding night, but just enough to ensure that at the end of the night, Mr. and Mrs. Wong got back to their room safe and sound! And so began the relaxation portion of the weekend, doing not much but relaxing by the pool, eating, drinking and basically chilling out. What was really surprising was that within the hotel environment, you feel like you have left Singapore and the feel is truly like a resort island in Bali or someplace exotic!

Overall great weekend with good friends and more great memories into the mental scrapbook!

M relaxed!

0 comments: