Sunday, December 14, 2008

Chili Oil with a side of Beef Noodles please.

Ok if you are one of my ardent fans you will know that I am a wee bit strange. However, if you are new here, then I am sure that after reading this post you would arrive at that conclusion.

There are two places I love to eat at Suntec, Pho House and Crystal Jade. The reason for this love is not their specialty dishes or their mediocre service but the condiments they provide. In particular, the chili oil! Yes you heard me, the chili oil.



I have never been a chili aficionado and I think I am still far away from being called one. But my love and level of consumption of chili oil makes the hottest chili eaters raise an eyebrow not to mention service staff and other diners as well.

Pho House is thus far the best chili oil I have ever had. It’s crispy at same time slightly moist. There is a flavor play of spiciness and saltiness while packing a powerful punch. Careful though, premature swallowing may result in a coughing fit. So the best will be to chew the contents of the dish and the chili oil to allow the flavors to intertwine and mingle. Yum!

So why do I call myself strange probably if I describe you the scene. Picture me sitting alone over a bowl of beef noodles soup, sweat on my forehead, tears sneaking out of the corners of my eyes and my nose runny constantly sniffing to keep something foreign from leaking out. Not the best sight right but believe me I am enjoying and savoring.

M thirsty

0 comments: