Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sticky Irony

Disclaimer: To all my "sisters in grace or law", this post does not point to anyone. You know I love each of you like a sister and I am just making an observation. So please don't try to read between the lines, I not so deep wan!

I am a sticky guy, not in a grimy way but I love to be around my wife. I enjoy her presence and when I am away from her, I am a little lost, truth be told.

Perhaps that is the reason why I am a little down today because I am heading off on business to Pune again. Thank God it's a short trip but the mere anticipation of the distance apart has me yearning. The collective may find this sweet but......

Ironically, during our dating and courtship days being sticky was not something to be desired in a boyfriend and me; I was sticky and was always around. I remember the frus stares from her friends (remember hor, I love you all!) and for me I was just being thick skinned as I never detracted from the unapproving looks. Hehehe.

Now after a year and half of marriage I think I am still a sticky fella. I do not need to be constantly engaged with her, but being in the same vicinity is just comforting. I know she feels the same way (perhaps to a lesser degree) though she may not admit it openly, trust me babe I know.

M starting to miss u already

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh. you were always the funniest boyfriend -- coming and proofreading late into the night with your wife, her team, finance people she didn't like, designers and the external auditor! that really took the cake and made you honourary GCR from that time forth :)