Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Can't but He Can

Sometimes the odds get stacked against me. Work wise, home wise and self wise. One option is to despair and be reduced to spinning out of control into oblivion.

But rather than give into the inevitable and fight for my survival, I am going to rest. My vain efforts are just going to prolong the pain so I’d rather let go. Cease, be idle and be still. For I know WHO I am and WHOSE I am.

When I can't anymore, I choose the good part and that is to rest on His finished work cause HE CAN! He is God, and I am man, my attempts at success maybe futile but through Him all things will be made new. My enemies flee leaving the spoils for me.

I do not expect most to understand as conventional wisdom prevents but the gift and the helper that is in me, shows me that true victory has already been achieved.

So there is no need to combat & no more "blood" to be shed, it is done so Rest! Cease! Be still!

M Sozo-ed

0 comments: