Monday, April 27, 2009

Sound of Music

One of my passion is music. But it is the one that has always been sort of ignored and not really focused on. If you know me, I know the lyrics to most songs on the radio and I try to keep myself in tune with what is out there in music world. With my iPhone, I can now carry my music around and listen to what I want, when I want to.

bwmsp

So, I have the car and the office covered and thanks to my wonderful and super wife, the house is covered thanks to this Wave® Music System. I have to add that this small wonder, it quite an amazing feat of engineering, the sound gets better the further away you go, I kidd you not!

So now I feel a musical chasm, in the bedroom. There is nothing that can amplify some good music as well as the occasional word of God from our favorite Pastor to minister when we are not quite up to the mark. As such for the past 6 months I was on the look out for a iPhone workable speaker system and here are the choices:

Altec Lansing T612 Digital Speaker System - $329

This guy is quite solid, the sound is great and I think will be a great candidate. But kinda sucks for voice audio.
JBL On Stage 3 Portable Speaker -$289

Ok sounds, but it is quite cool and very portable. It can do a speaker mode for the phone so that is quite nifty as well.
Bose® SoundDock® Series II Digital Music System - $549

This is the big momma, price oso big momma but the best in sound class and coolness. But I got a Wave® Music

 

So after walking into Best Denki, Courts, Harvey Norman, etc to test out the above systems, I just could not bring myself to dishing out the amount. Not that I can’t afford it but there are better things I can do with the money.

 

So after all the ping ponging, I have decided (have should have in the first place) to listen to my wife, and move the Wave® Music System into the bedroom. Before, you say “Silly Molo!, doesn’t that mean no music in the living room?”, I might have mentioned earlier that my PC is hooked up to my LCD TV, which is also hooked up to an ancient speaker system that I bought in 96. Yeah that is it on the left. As old as it maybe it is still a solid performer, and a star in my opinion. So this guy can continue to take care of the living area and if all goes well the house will now be filled with the sound of music!

0 comments: