Friday, April 24, 2009

thekitchn.com and other stuff

Ok one of my hidden obsessions or rather loves is home decor. Yes I have said it, I like to read home decor magazines and books, surf home improvement sites, etc (not the Tim “the tool time” handyman kind) but more the design type of thing. This dormant passion was discovered when I was in Penang for a week and I spent the whole week reading (being completely absorbed to it; mind you) cover to cover one issue of Home Beautiful Australia and from there I have managed to incorporate it into our JK home, personally quite proud of these design features.

Coming back to the subject, I found this site called thekitchn.com and I think it is a really great site and I wish you guys do take some time to check it out, especially you home lovin folks, you know who you are. There are quite a few interesting reads and tips. But the other stuff that makes this site cool is that it has 5 sub-sites in the same flavor but different cuisines. Here are the 5 sites with their tags and it’ll give you the idea:

  1. thekitchn.com – inspiring cooks. nourishing home
  2. apartmenttherapy.com – saving the world one room at a time
  3. ohdeedoh.com – home, design, children
  4. unplggd.com – smarter homes. fewer wires
  5. re-nest.com – abundant design for green homes

Ok the last one I am not quite there to be called Green…green per say, as my philosophy is better to save the people that the planet, the planet will be here forever in whatever shape or form but the people. (ok mini rant off).

So tinker down to any of the 5 sites, whatever your thingy might be and have a see, I am looking here for some inspiration to get some new elements into the home. As the wife says, we need to do something everyday to make the home beautiful.

M decor

2 comments:

erin said...

Thanks for the great links. I've checked most of them out already. I bought my house about a year and a half ago and did a lot of searching online for decorating inspiration. My search would often lead me to the apartmenttherapy site.

Majimo said...

Yeah, I am now surfing these sites almost everyday and getting fresh inspiration. All I need now is time to get it done.

LOL.

M