Thursday, October 09, 2008

Leakgaes, Leaves and Landownership

Sounds heavy ya?

Not so, our beloved house is leaking again well that was what we were led to believe. So in the preparation for some minor roofing works and some hacking on the wall, something happened. Further investigation by the guys from B4 Leakage, it was found that the water that is appearing on our study room wall is not a result of leakage from the roof but, if fact condensation. Praise the Lord there is no leakage but "Huh?"

Seems our neighbour has his aircon in the adjacent room on at full blast, at maximum cooling pointing directly at the wall and on the other side of the wall is our study room which is the room with the most sun. So as a result my wall is "sweating" like a glass Bombay Tonic on a Saturday afternoon thus, explaining the wet spots and fungus. Solution? Aside from asking y niehbour to turn off his AC, which might rather selfish, there isn't one actually. Just a stop gap measure of painting the wall with a special epoxy paint that is used on roads to in a sense "waterproof" the walls and prevent the formation of wet spots. Prevention not cure.

So another half day of leave down and another episode on the joys of Landowership. But, in all consideration I know deep down that despite all the issues and whatever, I still love my house, the place I call home, my refuge and the place I will raise my family.

Contented M

[Second try at this after my initial post from my iPhone ran away to some corner of Cyberspace]



0 comments: