Friday, October 17, 2008

Saying Goodbye

I have never had the experience of having a family member or someone close passing. I guess what makes me fortunate but death is eventual and inevitable for all of us.

Today after my bereavement training I realized that my inability to empathise is indeed worse than I expected or even had known. Almost to the point of insensitive. But, I am glad I had this opportunity to be under such great spiritual leadership from which I can learn so much.

All in all it was eye opening, I always believed in celebrating life and a person who leaves us although mournful at first we should rejoice that person's life and his/her addition to our lives.

Just that this was my thinking and it's not what everyone thinks. I guess I am at times too presumptuous. Well I am learning each day how to be better, not just in this area but in all.

Praise God for the school of life and to all my companions. That means YOU!

M Journeying.

0 comments: