Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My old room


The other day I went back to Mayflower (my home since birth till marriage) to work on my parents’ computer and as I sat in my old room waiting for some files to be copied, I soaked in my old room. Although this was not always my room, it was the last abode I occupied till I moved out. Now, the room is clean and stark unlike how it used to be, cluttered and lived in. It was like my one room house. Everything I needed was there, I never had to leave this place, except for bio and food breaks.

It was a place of security where I shed tears, shared laughs with my friends and family, it was a place I ran to, my refuge. Do I miss it? Well no, not really. I am in love with my new home in Jalan Kayu. But I do love to reminisce of the carefree times that I spent in that room, discovering myself and becoming one with myself. It does not look much now, it’s a little brighter of course but it now looks almost clinical except for the curtains.

M wandering.

0 comments: