Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

In days such as these, there are so many things that can bring trouble to our hearts. No I am not talking about relationship causing heartache but everything. Stress, Anxiety, Anger, Frustration, Sadness, Sickness, Financial woes, etc, etc…the list goes on and on. There are more terms coined for negativities in life than there are positivity. As such the common result is we are fearful. Fear grips us in so many ways, when you know you are now going to have enough in the bank to pay the bills, when you think your partner is not where he/she should be or when you are heading for a deadline at work, but you have not started. What is more disturbing now is that the fear is gripping people who are even younger, it scary.

When such fear grips me I like to say to myself, "Peace…Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you… Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." It may sound rather simple but if you settle down for a minute and let these words sink in you feel a calm coming over you. It is as simple as that! Most of the fear that we face is self inflicted, step out of fear and into Peace… When fear normally grips you repeat these words and allow the words to overpower you and do not let the fear grip you.

Peace…Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you… Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.J14:27

M not troubled. [Photo credit Getty Images]

0 comments: