Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ireland

Still sticking to all things mystical, Ireland is a place that I will have to go in this lifetime as many times as possible. There are so many things that I love that are from this little island (not so little actually; 3rd largest in Europe) that going there is an obvious choice. Land of leprechauns, four leaf clovers and ….

U2; yes this “little know” Irish Band which is now safe to say the biggest band in the world hails from this place, not mentioning many other wonderful acts as well. But more U2, whose impact on my life has been profound. My iPhone will always have at least one U2 album and no matter what playlist I may have there is bound to be one U2 song.

Swirling clouds tumble as the storm begins to calm, settle, breathe in the moment, then break through the smooth, light head to the bittersweet reward. Unmistakably Guinness.

Guinness in Dublin by MikeNeilson.Picture by MikeNeilson

Poetic right, well I believe it is and to me, drinking it is poetic as well. Probably my most favorite alcoholic drink in the world. If I had a choice to drink just one type of drink this would be it! Oh yes it will have to be a Guinness Draught not that bottled stuff. Its velvety texture feels glorious in your mouth till the very last lingering drop, it’s pure beauty, nectar of the gods. Its making me thirsty just thinking about it.

How can I end off without an amazing Ireland picture well here it is. This picture taken by Glenbourne At Home called Among The Wicklow Hills is the same place where the movie P.S. I Love You was filmed.

M dreaming

0 comments: