Monday, March 09, 2009

World of Hurt


Today, on the next stop of the Skinny Ambition Tour 2009, brought me to the Fitness Network gym at Sci Park. I usually work out in the morning when the crowd is then except for a few other crazies. I was heading to my usual cross country skiing machine, when I realized that they are all occupied. YMGC.


So looking around, I was looking for a place to get my cardio in. Hmmmm…. treadmills…I thought it best to stay away from the treadmills now until I get some reasonable strength into my legs else I will be stopping the tour.


Then I saw the machine that is possibly the least used machine in any gym; the daunting Rowing Machine. So I hopped on and started rowing. I started to sing in my head,


Row, row, row your boat,
Vigorously down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream


As I was rowing I realized man this is tough. I was starting to feel stiffness so I targeted to complete 1Km at least. Eventually after around 10 or 5 agonising minutes, I was at 1 Km. I can't remember whether it took my 5 or 10 minutes because I was a little dizzy and my main focus was to get myself onto my two feet without falling over.


Eventually after I regained my composure I went back to my now freed cross country skiing machine to complete my workout. So as I sit in the office now, I am in a world of hurt. I probably worked muscles that have lain dormant for quite a while. End of the day, I would call it a good workout and I am sure I will make a trip back to the rowing machine again.


M in some pain.

0 comments: